Welcome to the homepage of the SFB/CRC 1324 !
Mechanisms and functions of Wnt signaling
The Collaborative Research Center (CRC)/ Sonderforschungsbereich (SFB) 1324 will be funded by DFG for additional four years!
Wnt Young Investigator Program
Join our SFB 1324 to become part of an interactive and interdisciplinary team with a focus on Wnt signaling!
Open doctoral positions
- Irmgard Sinning (Heidelberg University, Biochemistry Center): Mechanisms of Wnt protein secretion
- Hellmut Augustin (Heidelberg University and the German Cancer Research Center): Mechanisms of vascular Wnt signaling during liver homeostasis and tumorigenesis
- Britta Brügger (Heidelberg University, Biochemistry Center): Roles of lipids in Wnt secretion and signaling
- G. Ulrich Nienhaus (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology): Quantitative fluorescence microscopy for the analysis of Wnt pathway interactions and dynamics
- Gary Davidson (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology): Quantitative fluorescence microscopy for the analysis of Wnt pathway interactions and dynamics
- Florian Leuschner (University Hospital Heidelberg): Cell-specific activation of Wnt signaling in healing after myocardial infarction
- Christof Niehrs (German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg): Role of DDX56 in GSK3β regulation during Wnt signaling
- Matias Simons (University Hospital Heidelberg): Wnt-cilia signaling in epithelial polarization and renal development
Open postdoctoral positions
- Gislene Pereira (Heidelberg University, Centre for Organismal Studies): Wnt-cilia signaling in epithelial polarization and renal development
- Thomas Holstein (Heidelberg University, Centre for Organismal Studies): Wnt interactions in Hydra development and regeneration
Monday, January 10, 3pm
Anja Tursch (A05, Holstein):
“How generic wound signals are integrated into positional cues - stage-specific functions of Wnt/ beta-catenin signaling during Hydra regeneration”
Motomu Tanaka (A05):
"Coupling of Wnt signaling and mechanical cues"
2nd SFB1324 Retreat 27.-28.05.2019
Tagungszentrum Villa Bosch, Heidelberg
Alexander Aulehla appointed as Head of EMBL’s Developmental Biology Unit
(July 02, 2021, Heidelberg)
Alexander Aulehla and Ana Martin-Villalba
(July 07, 2020, Heidelberg)
Prof. Jeroen Krijgsveld received Award for Mass Spectrometry in Life Sciences 2020
(March 2020, DGMS)
Herbert Steinbeisser M.D. Fellowships
In memory of Professor Dr. Herbert Steinbeisser, the SFB1324 offers fellowships to support medical students during experimental research projects that comprise part of their M.D. thesis. Further information can be found here: Herbert Steinbeisser Fellowships